General Terms and Conditions
Please read the following carefully. Your use of the GibsonTools.com web site ("GibsonTools.com") and purchase of the products (or services) ("Products") on it means that you agree to these terms and conditions ("Terms").
- Shopping with GibsonTools.com
- Copyright and Trade Marks
- Privacy and Data Policy
a. Unwanted Products
b. Faulty Products
c. Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
d. Unwanted Goods - Custom-made and other Exempt Products
- GibsonTools Responsibilities
- Contacting Us
Shopping with GibsonTools.com
- When you place an Order for a Product Online ("Order") you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
- When you place your Order online we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the Product is available and the details of the Order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the Product is not available we will also let you know by email.
- GibsonTools may cancel any sale and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion. If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
- All new Orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
- The price for each Product is shown on GibsonTools.com and includes all taxes, duties and fees.
- We always try to make sure that the prices on GibsonTools.com are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in pricing of the Products in your Order we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details you supply us with. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. (If we are unable to reach you we will treat the Order as cancelled). If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full.
- You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify.
- Prices are quoted on GibsonTools.com in US Dollars (USD) - outside the US your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate. Please note that both charges and refunds are in US Dollars (USD) and GibsonTools.com cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Non-US/Canadian customers are responsible for Import Duty/Tax in their respective countries. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these costs will be - please consult your local customs office for more information.
- You must pay for your Order before it is delivered and you can do so by credit card via our Paypal checkout, and/or using GibsonTools Gift Vouchers.
- Payment Card addresses must be with in the US/Canada to be accepted by Paypal.
- Orders may only be processed online using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover), or existing Paypal accounts. Paypal will aim to debit money from your account within one working day after receiving your Order.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
- Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the Order.
GibsonTools.com Gift Vouchers
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed online at GibsonTools.com within 1 year of purchase and cannot be used for Orders already placed.
- If the value of the Order exceeds the value of the GibsonTools.com gift voucher, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- Unused balances will be held within the recipients voucher for the same period.
- Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001c.
- If you have received a promotional gift voucher from GibsonTools.com, only one such Gift Voucher may be redeemed per purchase.
- Specific Terms and Conditions apply to the sale and use of GibsonTools.com Gift Vouchers - click here for more information.
- We try to keep GibsonTools.com as up to date as possible but cannot guarantee that particular Product will always be available. If we can't supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with the amount debited by us.
- All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product you have Ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your Order. If this happens, you may cancel your Order and we will refund you the money you have paid for it.
- GibsonTools reserve the right that if stocks in the US are unavailable, at their discretion they may ship direct from the manufacturer or other storage facilities based worldwide.
- GibsonTools delivers to destinations inside the US/Canada only. Please email email@example.com if you would like to arrange international shipping. Please contact us for details of the delivery charges prior to Ordering.
- You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details.
- Delivery outside the US/Canada may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility where they apply. If so, the shipping company should advise you the charges due or else you should consult your local customs office. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these charges will be and GibsonTools is not responsible for them.
- GibsonTools offers a range of delivery services depending on the address we are delivering to. For US Mainland & Canada, we use a 2-3 Day service. Shipments are dispatched the next working day from order unless stated (Subject to Stock). Gibsons cannot guarantee stock of every item, and orders may be held for dispatch until the complete order is ready at our discretion. If you require a guaranteed date of delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you order.
- Orders are dispatched by Fed-Ex. Our couriers require a signature and operate between 9am and 5pm on weekdays, so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your Order between these hours.
- We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on GibsonTools.com but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
- If the Products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try and ensure that you receive your Order, as quickly as possible. If you wish you may cancel your Order and we will refund the money you have paid. Please note that Shipments usually arrive within 2-4 days, Fed-Ex stipulates that only items still not delivered after this time has elapsed can they be officially classified as lost/late.
- Please Order from GibsonTools.com with enough time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as GibsonTools cannot be responsible for this.
- This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trade Marks
- GibsonTools does not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them.
- The copyright in GibsonTools.com and the content of all the software, web site and pages relating to the GibsonTools.com web site is owned by, or licensed to G Gibson & Co Ltd, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent.
- Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of GibsonTools.com, all photographs on it and its marketing materials.
- You may use GibsonTools.com for private and personal non-commercial use only - i.e. to view, copy and print portions of GibsonTools.com for the sole purpose of placing Orders. The materials on GibsonTools.com may not be used for any other purpose.
- GibsonTools, GibsonTools.com and our logos are trade names or trade marks of G Gibson & Co Ltd and may not be used by anyone else without our express permission.
- However, GibsonTools does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark and the trade marks of the brands featured on GibsonTools.com belong to their respective owners.
Privacy and Data Policy
- We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible and these terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
- Please note that product returns are not able to be accepted in person at our office address.
- Unwanted Products
- Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you place an Order with GibsonTools.com. If you are unhappy with an item when you receive it or if you simply change your mind please return it to us clearly labeled with our RMA number (Please contact email@example.com to request an RMA number before you send your item back.) within 14 days, with the dispatch note, having taken reasonable care of it and in an unused state complete with packaging and all components, and we will refund you the price you paid for that product (excluding P&P).
- We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- You will only have to pay for the return postage of the Products.
- Certain products and services are excluded from this returns policy, including personalised products or those made to order. These items cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty. Products excluded such as these are clearly marked on the product information page.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Faulty Products
- We try to select and package the Products as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if a Product arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you Ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you return the Product to us at the postal address below within 30 days of receipt. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you receive your order/find a fault.
- In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please contact email@example.com to arrange the returns shipment.
- For help with items later than 30 days after your initial purchase please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
- Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
- Please contact us by email to inform us of your wish to return Products.
- We will allocate you with a Returns Code which should be included with the package to improve processing of your return.
- We will also advise you how to send the item back to us. Occasionally items may have to be picked up by a courier service. Gibsons will endeavor to make collections as convenient as possible, but a reasonable amount of cooperation will be expected when booking times.
- Return to:
2023 58th Ave Cir E
FL 34203 USA
You will be responsible for the returned Products until they reach us.
- Unwanted Products - Custom-made and other Exempt Products
- Due to the bespoke nature of Custom-made and other Exempt products we are unable to offer our usual 30 Day Money Back Policy on these items, and due to their nature they are not subject to the right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. This includes Special Order Products, which are manufactured to order. These products will be clearly identified as such on their respective product pages.
- In addition, certain other products are also exempt from our 14-day Money Back Policy above; these products will be clearly marked on their respective product pages. In the case of these items, the returns period is limited to seven working days following the day of receipt as per the right to cancel under the DSRs above and you shall be responsible for the cost of return.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- GibsonTools has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of the Products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated on GibsonTools.com or contact us for exact sizes.
- GibsonTools shall insure Ordered Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. Please check the delivered Products as soon as possible on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction. Please note any damage on arrival with the courier/shipping agent.
- GibsonTools will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person's services.
- Because of the nature of the Internet GibsonTools provides and maintains GibsonTools.com on an "as is", "as available" basis and makes no promise that use of GibsonTools.com will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
- Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
- Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use GibsonTools.com in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse GibsonTools for any loss or damage caused as a result.
- These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit GibsonTools's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
- GibsonTools will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
- Please read the instructions, manuals and other user documentation that comes with your Products carefully. GibsonTools is not involved in the manufacture of Products and will not advise on their use or operation or the manufacturer's guidelines. You are urged to use all Products safely and in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, which are available to you.
- Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, GibsonTools excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to GibsonTools and GibsonTools shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on GibsonTools.com;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating GibsonTools.com;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of GibsonTools.com or any Product purchased through GibsonTools.com;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the GibsonTools.com web site or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading GibsonTools.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from GibsonTools or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which GibsonTools.com link and web sites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
- GibsonTools may change or withdraw any part of GibsonTools.com, or may refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary.
- GibsonTools may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of GibsonTools.com upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
- Termination shall be without prejudice to GibsonTools's other rights.
- GibsonTools acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
- If GibsonTools does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
- In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at GibsonTools's option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and GibsonTools and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
- Since we are principally aiming GibsonTools.com at the US and Canadian market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of these and other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
- GibsonTools.com and GibsonTools are trading names for G Gibson & Co Ltd, UK, and as such these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. The registered address of G Gibson & Co Ltd is;
Gibson House, Barrowby Lane, Garforth, Leeds, LS25 1LA, United Kingdom.
Registered in the UK Reg No:3224893
- If you would like help when Ordering, information about a Product, a request for a Product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at info@GibsonTools.com.
- You can also contact us:
- By post at GibsonTools, 2023 58th Ave Cir E, Suite K3628, Bradenton, FL 34203 , USA;
- By telephoning US (001) 914-306-1028 between the hours of 9am and 1:30pm EST.